November 25, 2013
Loyal readers, I hope you know that I have a great vision for this site!
(Don’t worry, none of my plans have anything to do with money or ads)
I want to give every reader the chance to join the Sfdc99 Hall of Fame!
Very soon, I’ll be posting an Advanced Trigger Challenge. Although the code will be difficult, it should be 100% possible for anyone to write as long as they’ve studied the chapters on this site.
How it’ll work:
- I will write a test class and publicly expose the code.
- With no other info, you need to write a working, scalable trigger based on the test class.
- Email your trigger to me and I’ll let you know if you pass!
Benefits to you:
- Apply your learning and challenge yourself on a hand-picked trigger by me!
- Forever have your name (and optionally, your photo) enshrined on the Sfdc99 Hall of Fame!
- I will review every line of your code and give you tips on how to improve!
- You’ll have the confidence to know that you are proficient enough to get a job as a developer!
More info coming soon! I hope you guys are excited about this!
A TDD exercise! Nice…ETA on this?
This unfortunately… has been CANNED!!
Great idea, David
David, very excited about this!
Great way to get your readers writing code. One of the first programs I ever wrote that actually DID something was because of a challenge at work to make a button that collapsed SFDC page layout sections – I had a reason to spend a few hours writing what turned out to be a really simple JS script using the TwistSection function, part of the Salesforce core JS library. AND I won a free dinner.
hahahaha – free dinner for the win! First person to finish this challenge gets a free dinner at Google! No joke! You’ll have to find a way to get to Mountain View, CA though!
Ha Ha! I think a trip to Google Dublin is in order for you!! We could have stew there!!
First of all let me thanks you for an excellent site. I got many things from here.
Also, i am eagerly looking forward to your challenge.
Sounds fun…..Looking forward trying this out.