February 10, 2015
Would love to hear your thoughts in the comments!
A friend of mine is hiring Salesforce developers and she wanted to know what aspects of a job/company are attractive to people.
You know you’re in an industry with short supply when you’re asking this question!
Here are a few I came up with:
- Learning from other high quality developers
- Freedom to use the latest Salesforce technologies (like Lightning!)
- Pay! The average SFDC developer salary in 2014 was $133k
- The ability to be more involved in business and design conversations
- Flexibility to work from home
- Tickets to Dreamforce and other courses/events
- Less time maintaining apps more time building new ones
- Visa sponsorship!
Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below!
You hit on the right points. I would also add having a good work-life balance is very high up there for me.
I am following David’s recommendation for SFDC certification. I am currently employed outside of the SFDC world. When I think about transitioning to a new job or career, after getting a salary at least commensurate with my current salary, the next thing is the flexibility to work from home. In my current role, I have been working full time from home for the last 10 years. It has been a real blessing. I have been able to be a Dad that is involved and there for my kids. That has been great. They are older now, so that is not as much of a requirement for me. Although, I am not sure how I would handle rush hour traffic. I might have to buy a more fuel efficient car. :) As I look into moving into the SFDC world, I certainly hope to get a job that allows me to WFH at least a few days a week. I am between Denver and Ft. Collins btw… :).