August 7, 2015
Go to the SFDC99 channel to watch and sign up for a chat account!
- Although you can join my channel at any time, we officially start at 8AM PST
- To participate in the chat, you’ll need to create a livecoding.tv account
- To simulate a true coding scenario, I haven’t practiced any of the code!!!
- Because of the bullet above, this could be a disaster of epic proportions. Wish me luck!
- If you come to SFDC99.com and don’t see any kickoff updates, try hitting “Control + R” or “Command + R” to do a hard page refresh. Or simply join my channel here.
- Subscribe to SFDC99 to get announcements immediately in your inbox!
- The live stream service that I use gives out free t-shirts to active users!
- I’ll be answering related questions while coding. At the end there will be time for other Q&A!
I can’t believe this is actually happening, ahhhh!!
This is my first post!!!
Please clarify the doubt on “future method in batch apex”.
there is a statement “Methods declared as future aren’t allowed in classes that implement the Database.Batchable interface’.
But able to declare future method inside a class that implement the Database.Batchable as below.
Global class batchclass implements Database.batchable()
global static void futuremethod()
//start, execute, finish methods
batchclass.futuremethod();//able to execute
did not get any error!!!
You might get a run time error though!
And if not, congratulations you just bypassed a Salesforce governor limit! This is valuable knowledge – like you just found a gold mine =)
P.S. welcome to my site!
Will this be recorded? Unfortunately Im in Italy and already bought tix to this world class museum at same time :(
Have a great time in Italy Jenna! Yes it’ll be recorded!
Eagerly waiting for this session!!.
You can totally do it! It will be great! = ) Thanks for doing this!
I will surely not miss this event!
Just a heads up every livecoding.tv session I have tried watching has failed due to the sites ability to work properly. I am hoping for the best of course since I am looking forward to watching.
Now I’m really scared!
Looking forward to it! Trust me…we’ve all been there when that *one* demo goes south!